A Resource is treated as a type of virtual user; when created it can be assigned to any devices provisioned in the Device tab, as a User. This allows the device to gain additional features from the Resource:
- Direct dial number(s)
- Configurable outbound caller ID
- Find me follow me settings
- Location of resource; carries over to E911 of device.
In this article we will cover the following topics:
To create a new Resource account:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities > click Create.
- Choose Resource option and click Proceed.
- Assign a Name, Extension, and Phone number.
- Choose your payment Plan.
- Set a Location where this Resource will be used.
- Click Create resource.
- Confirm charges for this operation on the next pop-up.
To access your Resource general settings:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities > click on the Resource name.
- You can change the following settings on the General tab
- Update the Name.
- Change the Extension.
- Change or Assign Phone Numbers.
- Update the payment Plan.
- Adjust the Call Timeout.
- Set up Find me, Follow me.
- Change the Location.
- Change the Time zone.
To delete a Resource:
- Navigate to Voice Services > Resources & Utilities.
- Check the Resource you wish to delete.
- Click Delete.