If you already have a Cisco SPA112 ATA device that you would like to provision on Intermedia Unite, you can easily set up the device using the Enhanced BYOP method.
Note: In order to add a Cisco SPA112 to your account, you must create a Fax Resource to assign as the "User" of the device. If you need more information on creating a Fax resource, you can follow the creation process here: Resources & Utilities: Fax Resource
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
- Login to HostPilot and navigate to Voice Services > Devices > Setup your own device.
- Select the Brand as Cisco and Model SPA112.
- Enter MAC address. MAC address can be found on the back of the ATA or on the box.
- Assign an available Fax Resource using the Device drop down field.
- Check to ensure the E911 address is correct.
- Click Add device.
- Plug power into the SPA112 and let the device boot up.
- Wait for the power light to stop flashing (Indicating the device has initialized - this could take 2-5 minutes).
- Use a paperclip or pen tip to press and hold the Reset button next to Phone 1, on the back of the device.
- Hold the reset button down for 30s, or until the power LED light begins to flash again.
- Release the button.
- Allow the device to boot up; it may take 2-5 minutes for the reset process to complete. The power LED light will stop flashing once it has initialized.
Enter the provisioning URL
- Plug in the power cord and network cable to the ATA device. The ATA begins initializing and the LEDs will flash (this should take about 2-5 minutes to complete). While the device is connecting, it automatically finds the local DHCP server and gets its IP address.
- Obtain the IP address of your ATA in one of two ways:
- Access your router's Status window to find the DHCP table and identify the IP address by the last 4 of the ATA's MAC ID.
- Plug an analog phone into phone port 1 on the ATA and try to use the command mode to access the IP
- Pick up the analog phone and dial **** (four asterisks). Note: Don't worry if there is no dial tone at this point, you should still be able to access the menu.
- Command mode will prompt you to enter a code, dial 110 to retreive the ATA's IP address.
- On your computer, open web browser and type the phone's IP address in the browser's address field. You will see the web interface of the phone.
- Login using the username/password: admin/admin
- Click the tab Voice tab and click Provisioning on the left navigation:
- Set Profile Rule: http://cfgphone.com
- Ensure Provision Enable is set to Yes
- Ensure Resync on Reset is set to Yes
- Set The Resync Delays and Resync Periodic to 30 to ensure the phone reprovisions after the soft reboot that occurs when saving this page.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page. The ATA will restart automatically.
- After the device restarts, it should begin provisioning automatically. Give this process time to complete (do NOT unplug or disturb the hardware in any way) and it will reboot a second time when it’s completed.
- Once the device is fully provisioned, you should be able to plug in your Fax machine (or an analog phone) to test for Dial Tone. If dial tone exists, send your first test fax!
Note: If there is no dial tone, the device may not have provisioned fully. Give it a few minutes before attempting to re-configure or reboot manually. Check that you have completed all the steps correctly, and if issue not resolved, contact Support.