Product: Hosted PBX 1.0
LOB Impacted: Voice
Cisco Desk Phones provisioned on the Hosted PBX 1.0 platform experiencing an issue where they’d display “Checking DNS” and never recover.
- Connect a computer to the same Local Area Network as the phone. On your computer, open a Web browser and type the phone's IP address in the browser's address bar. You will see the web interface for configuring your phone.
- Click Admin Login > Advanced.
- Navigate to Proxy and Registration
- Use DNS SRV set to No
- DNS SRV Auto Prefix set to No
- Proxy Redundancy Method set to Normal
- Save changes and reboot the phone.
The NAPTR records were removed on the HPBX 1.0 Proxy FQDNs. Cisco desk phones need to be set up to do a simple A record lookup, and not a SRV/NAPTR query.