Call Flip is an Intermedia Unite feature that allows you to continue the current active call using a different device.
You can currently call flip on the following devices:
- Devices purchased from the Intermedia Unite Control Panel
- Enhanced BYOP devices
- Intermedia Unite Desktop
- Intermedia Unite Mobile
Note: the Call Flip Softkey is available for Polycom and Yealink devices.
To flip an active desk phone call to Intermedia Unite Mobile:
- On the device of your current call, locate the Call Flip softkey (this is generally on the bottom row of soft keys, under the screen, on your device)
- The call will be placed on hold and immediately start ringing your Intermedia Unite Mobile app; answer to be connected to your call.
To flip an active Intermedia Unite Mobile call to your main device:
- On Intermedia Unite Mobile, while on a call, click the Call Flip button on the call info page.
- The call will be placed on hold and immediately start ringing your click to call device; answer the ringing call and continue on with your conversation.
Procedure for Cisco Phones
To successfully complete Call Flip using a Cisco phone, the user needs to execute a blind transfer to their own extension number. This needs to specifically use the BlindXfer soft key which appears on the sofkey section at the bottom of the screen.
Using the Transfer key will cause the call to go to voicemail.
- If there are multiple calls in progress that need to be flipped, they have to be flipped one by one. It's currently not possible to flip multiple calls simultaneously;
- Conference calls cannot be flipped and need to be split into separate calls before the call can be flipped.