Using the Receptionist Group Feature on Intermedia Unite:
Auto attendants have a built-in Business Hours and After Hours menu. Although for most situations, this is plenty, it is also beneficial to have other group options based on time of day.
This is where the Receptionist Group option comes into play. When creating a receptionist group, this will occur in front of the auto attendant itself, during its active hours.
For example, if your business hours on your auto attendant are normally from
This is where the Receptionist Group option comes into play. This will allow you to make a third menu. You can apply the following features to a receptionist group:
- Group name: The name of this group, for use when looking for it on your web portal.
- Display Name: The name that shows up to you when receiving a caller through this group (e.g.- Display name “Test” will show up when you receive a call
- Ring Time: The amount of time this group will ring before ending.
- Schedule Type: Set Weekdays, Custom, or 24x7 for this, depending on what you need.
- Setup: Timeframe that this group will occur. Set a beginning an end, such as
Step 1: After navigating to Voice Services, then Auto Attendants on the left, you can add a receptionist group by clicking on the link next to your Auto Attendant of choice. In this example, we will be using “Test”.
Step 2: In the first section, marked General, you can customize the categories listed in the section above. Once finished, click Next.
Step 3: Click on Add User
Select any users you would like to add and add them.
Finally, create receptionist group by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
Now Your Receptionist group has been created, and you can edit it as needed. You may enable, or disable, this group at will.
As the images show, this will consume an extension number, so be mindful of what that is for your own record keeping purposes.
The prime advantage of a receptionist group is to have the simple ring-in function to ring multiple phones at one time. For example, if you just want your phones to ring, you can set all the phones in the receptionist group to ring for 30 seconds and then it will go to voicemail set at the auto attendant that occurs afterward.