October 9, 2018 - importing multiple users in Intermedia Unite
With the latest update to Intermedia Unite, Account Administrators can now import Intermedia Unite users from .CSV or .TXT files – with user display names and email addresses as the only required fields.
The tool for Importing Multiple Users can be accessed via two paths:
- From Voice Services > General tab > Manage users > Create User > Import multiple users from .TXT, .CSV files
- or, from the Intermedia Unite Provisioning Wizard: Voice Services > General tab > Provisioning Wizard: Step 5 (Manage users) > Create User > Import multiple users from here.
Simply download the template, and then re-upload the completed user file into the same dialog window.
Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Create And Manage Intermedia Unite Users? for more information.
October 9, 2018 – new Voicemail settings page
A new Voicemail settings page is available to manage Hunt Group Voicemail and Company Voicemail. For Hunt Groups, the following additional settings can now be managed directly in HostPilot:
• VM extension
• ability to reset a PIN for managing Voicemail in the voice menu
• ability to select a number of days for autodeleting VMs on server
Read the Knowledge Base articles on:
• Voicemail Types On Intermedia Unite
• Resources & Utilities: Voicemail Box
for more information.
October 9, 2018 – default Operator number
The Operator feature redirects calls from the voicemail to a live person. It provides the ability to press 0 to reach phone number or extension when the call is being routed to voicemail.
The Default Operator Number functionality is available for Voicemail boxes, Hunt Groups and Company Voicemail.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Operator Feature on Intermedia Unite for more information.
August 27, 2018 - PBX improvements
Eight new features have been added to Intermedia Unite accounts:
- The ability to remove the SMS message on Intermedia Unite phones when parking a call (which prevents the MWI light on the phone)
- Voicemail improvements, including a date and time stamp for each message left
- Display the incoming call number when transferring a message
- A timeout period can be set on the Dial By Name functionality of the Intermedia Unite Auto Attendant
- Intercom communication for devices that support paging
- The ability to call a Hunt Group Voicemail directly
- The ability to review the current menu greeting of the Auto Attendant in the admin menu
- The ability to configure company settings for desk phones in Unison CP
August 20, 2018 - Voicemail Box
A Voicemail box is a separate voicemail box that is not associated with other objects on account. Voicemail box has it's own extension number and may have phone number assigned.
You may forward calls to Voicemail Box from:
- Auto attendant menu options or timeout settings
- Hunt Group menu options or timeout settings
- Virtual extension
- User's on General Resource Find me Follow Me settings
Read the Knowledge Base article on Resources & Utilities: Voicemail Box for more information.
August 1, 2018 - Silent Mode, Siri integration and Call Park for Intermedia Unite Mobile
- Silent Mode (iOS and Android): This feature disables all notifications for calls to the Intermedia Unite Mobile users application; including: sound, vibration, and screen indicators.
- Siri Integration (iOS only): This feature allows users to initiate audio calls, search for calls, and access voice mails received in the Intermedia Unite mobile application using voice commands with Siri.
- Call Park (iOS and Android): This feature allows Intermedia Unite mobile users to park a call just like call park is used today for Intermedia Unite desk phones.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Intermedia Unite: Mobile Application for Android and iOS for more information.
June 29, 2018 - use the Lock feature to prevent new attendees from joining a meeting
The new Intermedia AnyMeeting feature allows you to lock your meeting and prevent new attendees from joining.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Intermedia AnyMeeting: How To Manage Attendees In A Meeting for more information.
June 21, 2018 - the Intermedia Unite Desktop Application now includes softphone capabilities
Now, the desktop application may be used as either a call controller for the associated desk phone, or as a softphone where users can place and receive calls from their PC or Mac.
- In softphone mode, place and receive calls using the computer, associated microphone and speakers
- Handles multiple simultaneous calls
- Transfers calls to other parties, or directly to a user’s voicemail box
- Call flip: transfers a call to another device, such as a mobile phone, with one click
May 24, 2018 - 3 new Programmable line key types have been added
- Monitor park slot: allows the phone to continually monitor call park extensions – and flash red when a call is parked on one of the slots
- Call pickup key: allows users to pick up incoming calls from other extensions or pickup groups.
- New Speed Dial key types: speed dials to paging groups, pickup groups, hunt groups, auto attendants, and more
Read the Knowledge Base article on Managing Device Line Keys on Intermedia Unite for more information.
May 22, 2018 - virtual extensions provide the ability to create an extension and forward it to any phone number
They are used for:
- Creating an extension number to forward to a cell phone or alternate number, for an employee or associate that does not have an Intermedia Unite user account
- Automating the dialing of a specific phone number or service, like dialing into a Conference number and entering the PIN automatically
- Adding a person into the Auto Attendant's Dial by Name directory that does not have an Intermedia Unite user account
Read the Knowledge Base article on Resources & Utilities: Virtual Extension for more information.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Getting Started With Intermedia Unite to learn more.