June 29, 2018 - use the Lock feature to prevent new attendees from joining a meeting
The new Intermedia AnyMeeting feature allows you to lock your meeting and prevent new attendees from joining.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Intermedia AnyMeeting: How To Manage Attendees In A Meeting for more information.
June 21, 2018 - the Intermedia Unite Desktop Application now includes softphone capabilities
Now, the desktop application may be used as either a call controller for the associated desk phone, or as a softphone where users can place and receive calls from their PC or Mac.
- In softphone mode, place and receive calls using the computer, associated microphone and speakers
- Handles multiple simultaneous calls
- Transfers calls to other parties, or directly to a user’s voicemail box
- Call flip: transfers a call to another device, such as a mobile phone, with one click
May 24, 2018 - 3 new Programmable line key types have been added
- Monitor park slot: allows the phone to continually monitor call park extensions – and flash red when a call is parked on one of the slots
- Call pickup key: allows users to pick up incoming calls from other extensions or pickup groups.
- New Speed Dial key types: speed dials to paging groups, pickup groups, hunt groups, auto attendants, and more
Read the Knowledge Base article on Managing Device Line Keys on Intermedia Unite for more information.
May 22, 2018 - virtual extensions provide the ability to create an extension and forward it to any phone number
They are used for:
- Creating an extension number to forward to a cell phone or alternate number, for an employee or associate that does not have an Intermedia Unite user account
- Automating the dialing of a specific phone number or service, like dialing into a Conference number and entering the PIN automatically
- Adding a person into the Auto Attendant's Dial by Name directory that does not have an Intermedia Unite user account
Read the Knowledge Base article on Resources & Utilities: Virtual Extension for more information.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Getting Started With Intermedia Unite to learn more.