The purpose of this article is to show you how to Manage and/or Change the Handset Registration of the Yealink W52
This article applies to:
This article does not apply to:
Any other phones / devices
You can register up to 5 handsets to one W52 Cordless Phone base station. Each handset can be registered to 4 different base stations.
About handset registration:
Your Yealink W52 Cordless Phones are pre-registered with the base station before they are shipped. There is no need to register the handsets after receiving your first order of a base station and phone(s).
Ordering additional handsets:
When ordering additional handsets, your new handset will require manual registration with the base station. Please follow the manual handset registration instructions below for each new handset.
Replacing base stations:
From time to time a base station may need to be replaced under the warranty. Your handsets can be registered with up to 4 different base stations. Thus, you do not need to de-register your handsets before registering them with the new base station. To register your handsets to the new base station, please follow the manual handset registration instructions below for each handset.
From time to time a handset may need to be replaced under the warranty. Before you can register your replacement handset(s) with the base station, you must de-register the old handset(s) from the base station. The process involves:
- From any functioning handset, follow the de-registration process below
- Select the handset number associated with the old extension(s) and press OK
- Repeat this process for each old handset
When complete, please follow the manual handset registration instructions below for each replacement handset.
To register a handset manually via the handset:
- Long press on the base station. (about 5 secs)
The registration LED slow flashes, indicating the base station is in the registration mode.
- Press on the handset to enter the main menu.
- Select -> Registration -> Register Handset.
The LCD screen displays the Base1-Base4.
- Press or to highlight the desired one, and then press the OK soft key. The handset begins to search for the base station.
- Note: If the Handset has trouble searching for the base, Power Cycle the Base and try again.
- Press the OK soft key when the LCD screen displays the RFPI code of the base station.
- Enter the system PIN (default: 9871).
- Press the Done soft key.
*** The handset plays a warning tone and prompts “Handset Subscribed”, which indicates the handset is registered successfully. After successful registration, an internal handset number and handset name appear on the LCD screen.
*** NOTE: If handset fails to register please perform a full 2 minute power-cycle on Base and handset by removing Power and Batteries
To de-register a handset via the handset:
- Press to enter the main menu.
- Select -> Registration -> De-reg. Handset.
- Enter the system PIN (default: 0000 or 9871).
- Press the Done soft key.
The LCD screen displays the names of the handsets registered to the same base station.
The name of the handset itself is highlighted and followed by a left arrow.
- Press or to highlight the desired handset name, and then press the OK soft key.
The LCD screen prompts “De-register Handset”.
- Press the Yes soft key to de-register the handset or the No soft key to cancel.
Swapping Handsets with assigned base stations:
Please contact technical support for assistance.