The article is an overview of:
The Outlook Add-in for Intermedia AnyMeeting allows you to start a meeting on the fly:
- In your Outlook client, see the Quick Access Toolbar at the top of the Outlook ribbon and the Meet Now button on the right-hand side while viewing the Home tab in Outlook
- When you click the Meet Now button, if you are not already logged in to your Intermedia AnyMeeting account, you will be asked to log in:
- The Add-in will search for the Desktop Application and if installed, it will open that and start your meeting
If the application is not installed, it will offer a button to install the application.
- Depending on your operating system, you may be prompted by the Add-In to allow our application. For example, for Windows 10:
Uncheck the Always ask before opening this type of address box if you do not want it to ask each time you hold a meeting.
Note: Because Outlook will default to Internet Explorer or Edge web browser, launching Chrome as your default meeting platform is not supported from the Outlook Add-in. Installing our Desktop Application will be required to use the Outlook Add-in to launch meetings from Outlook.
- The Add-in also allows you to log out, so you may log in to a different account if you are using more than one account (for example, a personal account vs a shared team account, or test accounts).
- Once logged in, you will see your Meeting URL, dial-in information and the Enter My Meeting button so you may start a meeting at any time. Below that there is the link to send an email invitation which will open an email for you to send with your meeting information already populated
You may remove the Add-in from view at any time by clicking the X on the upper right corner:
To schedule a meeting and insert your meeting information:
- Navigate to your Outlook calendar and choose a date and time you wish to hold a meeting. Give your meeting a title in the subject line of the invitation
- Click the Add Online Meeting button on the Quick Access ribbon:
- Finish your invitation with choosing invitees and send it out
The Location area also contains Mobile friendly dial-in that will automatically dial the phone number and pin for mobile users.