This article describes how the Intercom functionality can be used on Intermedia Unite platform.
Unlike the Paging groups, Intercom allows you to have a two-way audio conversation.
In order to start an Intercom call, the user will need to dial *90 + target user extension (i.e. *90100 will initiate the intercom call with the user ext 100).
The extension that receives the intercom call will then be able to hear and speak to the initiator via their device's speakerphone.
Specifications and configuration
- Note: Intercom will only work for devices that support paging. If the device called does not support paging then a normal call will be established;
- Call recording doesn't work with the Intercom calls;
- Intercom calls can't be transferred or forwarded;
- If the user has only one device assigned, that device will be considered as their Intercom device;
- Note: If the user has multiple devices assigned, the device that was added first will be considered an Intercom device;
- In order to re-assign the Intercom role to another device, the user should dial *91 from the phone which he wants to be used for Intercom in the future;
- Important: when the device which currently has Intercom role will be removed from the user, the Intercom role won't be assigned to any other device by itself, it will be necessary to dial *91 from another device in order to have it assigned to itю