In order to troubleshoot complicated Intermedia Unite Desktop client issues, it is required to gather the application logs and its version.
This article describes the proper way to gather logs for the Intermedia Unite Desktop client.
- Collecting logs from the application settings page
- Collecting logs if the application doesn't start
- Sending the Diagnostic Report to Support
To collect logs from the application itself:
- Open the application
- Click on the Profile icon
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings tab
- Click on the Export logs to the file button.
To gather the application version:
- Click on your Profile icon
- Navigate to the Updates tab
- Gather the current application version.
If it is not possilbe to launch the application, you can collect logs and the application version manually.
Windows Application version
- Locate the Intermedia Unite shortcut
- Open the shortcut properties
- Click on Open File Location under the Shortcut tab
- Right-click on the actual .exe file to open properties
- Open the Details tab and collect the Product Version
- Open an Explorer window
- In the address bar, enter:
- Collect all files in this folder.
Mac application version
- Go to Finder > Go > Applications
- Locate the Intermedia Unite shortcut application
- Command-click on it and then click on Get Info
- Collect the version number.
- Go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder...
- Enter ~Library/Logs/Intermedia Unite in the opened window
- Collect all files from this folder
To send the application logs to support, use the Send feedback option in the application itself and attach the previously generated log file and the application version to the email.
If the application does not start, send the email with the detailed issue description and the attached logs to the Intermedia support.