This article describes the advantages of Intermedia Unite Desktop app 2.X.X version and steps to update your application. It is highly recommended to run the latest and greatest desktop app version, as each new version includes performance improvements, bug fixes, and new exciting features.
Desktop app version 2.X.X includes the following benefits over 1.X.X:
- integrated One-on-One and group chat
- improved AnyMeeting integration
- new SecuriSync integration
- improved user experience
- new platform on top of which all future features will be built on
Since chat requires all users to have access to it to be truly effective, it is highly recommended to drive users to upgrade from 1.X.X to
Steps to upgrade Desktop app from 1.X.X to 2.X.X
- Open Desktop App. You will see Exclamation point above the Settings button if the application requires an update.
- Click on Settings.
- Click Update.
- You may need to re-Login to the app after an update has been installed.
- Click on your Avatar and check settings under Application settings and Audio settings.
Note: application settings are not passed from version 1.X.X to 2.X.X and will be set to default values.
- Open Desktop App.
- Click on Avatar > Updates > click Update.
Note: Intermedia will occasionally push down mandatory updates which will typically include critical improvements to the app:
- Mandatory updates can’t be canceled or stopped, the app just can’t run stable without them
- Downloading flow will start automatically (in the foreground and in the background) once we detect that an end-user is not actively using the app
Userwill be prompted to restart the app when downloading is ready
- Incoming calls can be accepted when the app is in Mandatory updating state, but we’ll return to Mandatory update state when the call is finished
- If the app was installed under the Admin privileges, the user would need to enter Admin credentials to proceed with update.