This article describes how Chat functionality works on mobile devices.
The Chat list screen is the best place to check active chats and initiate new chats. Read the Knowledge Base article on Intermedia Unite Mobile App: Create New Chat for more information.
The conversations listed here display the last message posted.
They also display the chat name (for group chats) or contact name (for one-on-one chats), and the number of unread messages.
- the chat sorting will constantly change. The system is designed to display the chats containing the most recent messages on top. Only pinned chats are not affected by this rotation and are displayed on top even if they don't contain any recent messages.
- if someone is composing a new message, you will be able to see the *username* is typing message on the chat's screen (works for both group and one-on-one chats).
Chat provides you with the following functionality:
- Sending new messages
Note: currently system won't allow sending multimedia messages (pictures/voice messages/etc)
- Checking the messaging history
- Initiating a new group chat
- Reviewing contact information
- Pinning a chat
- Muting a chat
For more information about chat management read the Knowledge Base article Intermedia Unite Mobile App: Manage Chat. For information about counters and notifications check Intermedia Unite Mobile App: Chat Notifications.