You can store the custom ColdFusion tags in:
- The same directory as the calling page
- Directory specified in the ‘Custom Tag Path’
To add a Custom Tag path:
- Open HostPilot® Control Panel > Web/FTP Server > Web Server > Website Tools > ColdFusion > Custom Tag Paths page
- Navigate to the directory that contains custom tags using Select a Path link and click Select
- Click Create
The path displays on the Custom Tag Paths page.
To delete a custom tag path:
- Navigate to HostPilot® Control Panel > Web/FTP Server > Web Server > Website Tools > ColdFusion > Custom Tag Paths page
- Select a tag path to delete
- Click Delete
The path disappears.
Avoiding Custom Tags name conflict
You might have a situation where you have multiple custom tags with the same name or if you are on Shared Server there might be custom tags with the same name created by another user.
To guarantee which tag ColdFusion calls, we would recommend you to use one of following solutions:
- Use naming convention for your custom tag;
for example, add your account username into the custom tag name: <account_name>_<tagname>.cfm
- Copy custom tag to the same directory as the calling page;
this way that exact tag will be used, despite the other tags in Custom Tags Paths
- Use the CFMODULE tag with the template attribute to specify the absolute path to the custom tag.
For example, the following code specifies to execute the custom tag defined by the mytag.cfm page in the 'path/to/the/' directory:
Note: in our Shared Web environment we do not upload custom tags to the system \CustomTags directory.