This article applies to Web Hosting and Custom Email accounts only. Exchange customers need to refer to the Knowledge Base article on How To Configure Outlook For Windows To Connect To A POP/IMAP Mailbox?
This article explains mail how to setup Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016 to work with a POP/IMAP mailbox. To configure Outlook:
- In Windows go to Start > Control Panel > Mail.
- If you cannot locate the Mail icon within Windows Control Panel, try the following steps:
- Switch the view from Category to Small icons or type in Mail in search field.
- If Mail still does not appear as an individual icon, look for it under Show 32-bit Control Panel Items.
Important: We strongly recommend to use the IMAP protocol instead of POP protocol as POP protocol is considered to be outdated and can cause the performance issues for your mailbox.
- Your Name: Display Name of the user.
- Account Type: Choose POP3 or IMAP.
- Incoming/Outgoing mail server: please use server name from HostPilot® Control Panel > Mail Server > Mail Server Settings > General Information > Mail Server Name.
- User Name: Full email address of mailbox.
- Password: Mailbox password.
Opt. 1: Encrypted Connection (SSL):
- Incoming Server (POP3): 995.
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993.
- This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box should be checked.
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465.
- Use the following type of Encrypted connection (for Outgoing Server): SSL.
Opt. 2: Encrypted Connection (TLS):
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 143 (for POP protocol Outlook supports SSL encryption only)
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 25 or 1025 (preferred).