This article applies to Web Hosting and Custom Email accounts only.
For more information on Exchange passwords read the Knowledge Base article on What Are Acceptable Mailbox Passwords?
- The FTP/Web User password is used to access your virtual server.
- The Module Password is used to administer Mailman Mailing List.
- The Web Statistics Password is used to access web statistics for your account.
- The Mailbox Password is used to access the Mailbox Content and to manage it's setting via My Services interface. There are two ways to change Mailbox Password: either from HostPilot > Mail Server > Mailboxes Manager or from My Services.
- The Database password is used to connect to the Database server. The password for the MSSQL login can be changed in HostPilot > MSSQL 2000/2005/2008 Server > Logins page. It can also be changed in SQL Management Studio. The password for MySQL login can be changed in HostPilot > MySQL Server > Logins page. Don't forget to update your scripts when you change these passwords.
- Linux only: The password of the user 'logadmin' (which is used to access Web/FTP server logs) can be changed from HostPilot > Web/FTP Server > Ftp Server > FTP Users.