If you want to connect to your Exchange/OWA-only mailbox using POP/SMTP or IMAP/SMTP protocols, you can configure your mail client manually. The following instructions apply to Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016.
Note: this article applies only to Exchange mailboxes. To connect your Outlook to POP/IMAP mailbox read the Knowledge Base article on How To Configure Outlook For Windows To Connect To A POP/IMAP Mailbox
Make sure that you POP and IMAP connection are enabled for your Exchange mailbox:
in toCONTROL PANEL and navigate to the Services > Mailboxes page.
- Click the user's Display Name to view the settings for the user’s mailbox.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that POP3 (IMAP4) checkbox is selected. If POP3 (IMAP4) options are not enabled, select them and click Save Changes button.
Follow the steps below to configure your Outlook. The same process applies to Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016.
- Go to your Outlook mail settings from Start > Control Panel > Mail.
- If you cannot locate the Mail icon within Windows Control Panel, try the following steps:
- To the left of the Windows Control Panel, but in the same window, select Classic View.
- If Mail still does not appear as an individual icon, look for it under Show 32-bit Control Panel Items.
- Click the Show Profiles button and click Add
fora new profile.
- Specify your Profile Name (can be anything) and click OK.
- Proceed with the steps in the next section, according to your version of Outlook.
- Choose E-mail Account and click Next.
- Choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Choose Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Type in the settings:
- Your Name: Display Name of the user
- Account Type: Choose POP or IMAP. Note: We strongly recommend to use IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: navigate to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Mailboxes > Resources> Incoming mail (POP/IMAP)
- Outgoing mail server: navigate to HostPilot > Home > Services > Mailboxes > Resources> > Outgoing mail (SMTP)
- User Name: full email address of Exchange mailbox
- Password: Exchange mailbox password.
- Click More Settings > Outgoing Server and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box
- Switch to Advanced tab and put in the settings
- Use the following type of Encrypted connection (for Incoming Server): SSL (port number changes automatically to 993 for IMAP; to 995 for POP)
- Use the following type of Encrypted connection (for Outgoing Server): TLS (you can use ports 25, 465 or 587).
Note: You can also increase server timeout setting to improve performance.
- Click OK > Next > Finish.