If you want to connect to your Exchange/OWA-only mailbox using POP/SMTP or IMAP/SMTP protocols, you can configure your mail client manually. The following instructions apply to Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016.
Note: this applies only to Exchange mailboxes.
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to the Services > Mailboxes page.
- Click the user's Display Name to view the settings for the user’s mailbox.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that POP3 (IMAP4) checkbox is selected. If POP3 (IMAP4) options are not enabled, select them and click Save Changes button.
- Go to your Outlook mail settings from Start > Control Panel > Mail.
- If you cannot locate the Mail icon within Windows Control Panel, try the following steps:
- To the left of the Windows Control Panel, but in the same window, select Classic View.
- If Mail still does not appear as an individual icon, look for it under Show 32-bit Control Panel Items.
- Click the Show Profiles button and click Add for a new profile.
- Specify your Profile Name (can be anything) and click OK.
- Proceed with the steps in the next section, according to your version of Outlook.
- Choose E-mail Account and click Next.
- Choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Choose Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Type in the settings:
- Your Name: Display Name of the user
- Account Type: Choose POP or IMAP. Note: We strongly recommend to use IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: navigate to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Mailboxes > Resources> Incoming mail (POP/IMAP)
- Outgoing mail server: navigate to HostPilot > Home > Services > Mailboxes > Resources> > Outgoing mail (SMTP)
- User Name: full email address of Exchange mailbox
- Password: Exchange mailbox password.
- Click More Settings > Outgoing Server and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box
- Switch to Advanced tab and put in the settings
- Use the following type of Encrypted connection (for Incoming Server): SSL (port number changes automatically to 993 for IMAP; to 995 for POP)
- Use the following type of Encrypted connection (for Outgoing Server): TLS (you can use ports 25, 465 or 587).
Note: You can also increase server timeout setting to improve performance.
- Click OK > Next > Finish.