If you wish to migrate to a Linux server, you should follow these instructions:
- Create an IP-only account on Linux.
- Copy content from your IIS server to the Linux Apache web server. You should NOT attempt to move mail, domains, MySQL, Mailman mailing lists, or Miva yourself, as this would result in downtime.
- If you have MS SQL server, you will have to move the MS SQL data to MySQL.
- If you have a secure certificate, send a request to support to migrate it for you. This requires the attention of the System Administrators, and usually takes about 24 hours.
- Check to make sure that the site is working properly in its new location. Since the domain still points to the old account, you must check the new account using the IP address.
- Once you are certain that the site is working properly, you should contact Technical Support and ask them to move mail, domains, MySQL, Mailman mailing lists, Miva, and your reseller portfolio (if any). We will migrate these things for you so that you do not experience downtime. Please also make sure that you specify which modules you would like to move (or a note to move ALL modules if you want them all moved) to the new account, and information that confirms your identity .
- You will need to wait for propagation. Once propagation is complete, you would delete the old account.
Please note that both accounts will be charged normally on the first day of each month until you delete one of them, so it is best to try to finish your migration before the last day of the month to avoid additional charges.