There are three options how Client Variables are stored in ColdFusion:
- in cookies (default)
- in a database
- in the system registry (not allowed in our Shared environment)
If you would like to keep the variables in a MSSQL database please do the following:
- Create a blank MSSQL database via HostPilot® Control Panel > MSSQL 2000/2003/2008 Server > Databases
- Create ODBC datasouce for this MSSQL database: HostPilot > Web/FTP > Web Server > ODBC Data Sources
- Submit a Custom Service Request from HostPilot > Support > Extended Services:
Request Details: ColdFusion Client Variable storage creation
Customer notes: <specify the ODBC datasource name, MSSQL database Login Name and Password>
hit Submit Request button
- We will create the client variable storage linked to your MSSQL database and send you the confirmation once done.
Please be aware that we allow to store client variables only in a MSSQL databases.